Call Center, Hello?
I know it’s been only a month and that most of the people I know didn’t have work until three or four months after their graduation. I know I should feel complacent because as of now, I have numerous pending applications, many of them I am halfway through the process. I’m actually expecting for follow-up calls for further testing, interviews and trainings.
But last Thursday night, I just couldn’t sleep. The pressure of having to find work ASAP has been lurking on the back of my head, and that night, it jumped and grabbed me on the throat without warning. All the reasons why I need to find work NOW came rushing into me. I’m not being dramatic here, but really, I have loads of responsibilities I have to attend to RIGHT NOW, and they’re all screaming QUICK! DO SOMETHING!
That’s why I have a feeling I’d end up working in a call center. I’m too tired to be defensive right now. You know I don’t think being in a call center is a degrading job. But if I can have my way, I’d rather wait for JDH or Chinabank or ABS-CBN or anything else to call and follow-up my application. I know it sounds being a bit idealistic, but I want to work where I can put my education into use or that I will continuously be challenged and grow as a person. I also know that after a year or so of working, fresh graduates are disillusioned and end up deciding to spend the rest of their lives working like zombies in jobs they don’t really enjoy.
So if no company follows up on me in the next two weeks, I’d probably end up working in E-Telecare by May. Or Sykes. Or Convergys. After all, Ateneans are highly marketable in call centers (conio alert), and I’ve been done with my final interview for E-Tel last Saturday. Quite ironic, I think, because I pride myself with being patient. And now I am forced into grabbing the first opportunity that comes along my way.
The worst thing about all of these is my fear that in the event that I have finally chosen and committed myself into something, something better comes along. I tremble in making a decision for fear that in the end, the decision I will make is wrong.
But since they say you need to be impersonal in work (to which I disagree, pero sakyan na lang din), mali man ang napili mo, ilagay mo na lang na work experience sa resume mo!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home