... rolling along Life Avenue

Monday, March 06, 2006

Acknowledgement

My life's back to normal now. We just finished our last show last night. And although I've been my usual care-free self the whole time, teasing people who gets emotional, I myself actually felt and still am feeling sad inside.

I'm gonna miss performing again. I'm gonna miss singing, acting and yes, dancing... basically putting up a good show. I'm gonna miss my friends cheering me when doing that crazy gypsy dance (can I pay you in installment, guys?). I'm gonna miss the fast changes, and the underwear flaunting backstage.

I'm gonna miss all those fun rehearsals and bonding moments we had. This is especially meaningful to me because I've had few fun times since I started working. All those singing and screaming backstage, our excitement the very first time we were to do Frugg, the kulitams and hiritans where no one (hopefully) gets pikon, those endless Pass the Number games and lso the Momma games for energy...

I'm gonna miss each and every one of you who made this whole experience of Sweet Charity the sweetest. To all my long-time BlueRep friends and to those new-found ones, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you Geegee. Thank you Jepoy. Thank you Andrei. Thank you Aram. Thank you Jill. Thank you Joms. Thank you Jim. Thank you Kakki. Thank you Karl. Thank you Laura. Thank you Nica. Thank you Pearl. Thank you Pola. Thank you Pom. Thank you Ralph. Thank you Red. Thank you Reg. Thank you Ren. Thank you Shark. Thank you Yen. Thank you Vica.

Thank you Dobs, Jaja, Fiel, Hannah, and Gerauld for making sure every thing is all set.

Thank you Manman for coaching us through our songs. Thank you my Inay Kyla for putting up with my flailing arms in Brass Band. And thank you Miss Chari for continuously loving and guiding us BlueReppers. We really learn a lot from you.

Special thanks to Bea for calling me so I can join this production without having to go through auditions... hehe...

And of course, I cannot forget to thank my friends who watched and supported me in this show. Ava, Miguel, Lesley, Guiller, Chi, Ate Kamille and De-Ann. My high school friends too who flew all the way from Antique (yeah, right), Therese, Ana Lee, Gold Ray, Rovelyn and Anthony. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And I thank God for this wonderful, wonderful opportunity. Just when I felt I have no hope of getting out of my routinized life, He opened this most amazing chance to celebrate life. I love you.

What was I saying before? Wondering whether all these fatigue and sleeplessness are worth it? I must be stupid for questioning that.

The juice has certainly been worth all the squeeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)