Best Wishes Hiyas Govinda Ramos-Dolor
Tiring day. I thought the day would end out a disaster because everything has been fouling me up the moment I woke up.
11 a.m., Kids screaming woke me up. They were playing around the house. I didn’t want to wake up that early, but I thought it was just as well since I have to meet Rina by 1:30 in Ayala anyway. We were going to our friend Hiyas’ wedding (gosh!). Invite says 3 p.m. at the Basilica of San Sebastian in Manila. I’m hitching a ride with her.
Ok so I was ready by 12:30. I planned to leave that early ‘cause it usually takes me around an hour going to Ayala. I was out the front door when, guess what. I realized I could never get out of the gate because the darned thing is locked. It doesn’t really have a lock, but these stupid kids found Kuya Mike’s (my landlord) lock for his motorcycle. According to them, they were just fooling around with it when, snap, it locked. I had to call Kuya Mike because the keys are with him.
So there, Kuya Mike arrived with the key some time after 1, so I really had to hurry going to MRT Araneta station. I assumed P.Tuazon’s gonna be bearable since it was not rush hour. But it has not been as traffic-less as I have been expecting. So anyway, I arrived in Araneta in sweats, ‘cause I ran all the way from P.Tuazon corner to the station.
I had to wait for some time for a train to come. When finally one came, I fought hell just to be able to get in ‘cause Rina’s obviously been getting annoyed of my lateness. She’s asking me to hurry, but of course, I really can’t do anything about all these transpo problems. Since Ayala is usually just around 10 minutes train ride from Araneta, I assured Rina she won’t be waiting for long since I’m already in the train.
Here’s the killer.
Somewhere before Ortigas station, the train stalled! It moved for a little bit until finally, it totally stopped moving. I was swearing and cursing a lot under my breath for this disaster. Of all the times! Damn! The driver didn’t even tell us he’s having problems and so all of us passengers packed like sardines inside the boxcars have no clue as to what’s going on. And to top all these, after some time, even the air conditioner died out. What kind of hell is that? And there was even this ugly pimp who’s pressing his butt on my crotch! I had to restrain myself from whacking him with my backpack and used it instead to shield little Rolls.
After an eternity, and after a lot of text messages and a call from Rina, the train managed to move on after the driver told us we’re getting off at Shaw station. From there, we transferred to another train, and it was another hell of a struggle before I was able to get in. I was in a tighter pack than last time, but I had to endure all this. I know Rina’s really getting pissed.
So I arrived in Ayala at 3 and I met Rina in Oakwood. During the ride to the church we weren’t talking. I felt so guilty, but I know, I really couldn’t have done anything with the situation. So I just left her in her steaming condition, and planned to explain later after the mass. Fortunately, even during the mass (we arrived 3:30, some time after the homily), we were already talking.
Thankfully enough, after the mass, nothing disastrous happened again. And I was finally free to indulge in my weird feelings of, I dunno, awe? Because this is basically my second time to attend a College friend’s (heck! I don’t even have experiences with my high school ones) wedding. Damn I’m really getting old. I just couldn’t believe that people my age are already considering marriage and other life-long commitments in their lives. Ibang level na talaga ‘to!
And according to Ate Kams, this guy Hiyas is marrying comes from a politically powerful family in Mindoro. Bonz Dolor, that's the name of her husband. And true enough, there were Senators Kiko Pangilinan and Edong Angara, Mayor Atienza, Miriam Quiambao, some judge, a dean, and some other, err, ‘big’ people, to stand as godparents to the couple. I couldn’t care less about these politicos, but I was again starstruck seeing Miriam Quiambao in person. Haha! She’s so pretty. Couldn’t believe she’s married already.
So anyway, it was a reunion of some sort. People from my original batch whom I haven’t seen for a while, were likewise invited, like Niko, Geland, Rhea and May. Too bad, Jam, Iyos and Sandra weren't able to make it. Actually I just met May today, and I found out she’s the girlfriend of my former blockmate, Imer. Imer later followed to pick up May in Heritage Hotel were the reception was held.
After the reception, I went with Rina in her house where I planned to spend the night. This is actually my first time to be in their house. I’m staying in their study and wow! It seems like I’ve been transported back in high school. It’s almost like everything I used to read as a scrawny teen-ager is here. Archie’s, R.L. Stine’s, Pugad Baboy, and yes, SVU, Sweet Dreams and Love Stories (walang aangal! walang pakialamanan!! those were the only books available in the local book-renting joints). But what really made me ecstatic was their collection of Calvin and Hobbes! Wow! I feel like I’m in heaven. I usually stay for hours in Power Books just to be able to read Patterson’s cartoons because I can’t afford to buy them yet. And now, I have access to these creations all night, so I guess, after I posted this entry, I’ll be reading Calvin and Hobbes all throughout the night.
Heck, I even think I’d start reading now.
Good night y’all.


4 Comments:
little rollz?!? what the heck! hehehe. grabe nman yang series of unfortunate events. kamalasan talaga!
11:27 AM
haha!talagang sa little rolls ka nag-react!eh wala naman talaga akong petname para dun.hehe
2:54 PM
eh kse nman, bibigyan mo na lng ng pangalan...little pa! bket di na lng junior? hahaha.
2:30 PM
haha.ikaw talaga.wala lang un.syempre,ganun na rin un.little me.hehe.ano ba, pag-usapan daw ba dito.haha
oi,pero kung iniisip mo na ... ummm.... mali ka.syempre, ang little na un eh relative sa height ko.di sa kung ano pa man.di ako insecure. defensive lang.haha!
1:24 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home