I Know You Know I'm No Saint
It’s been a while... I got back from Baguio Wednesday morning. It’s a shame though that I haven’t seen much of Baguio as we weren’t allowed to go out of the premises of the Retreat house. Not that it’s a drawback. My stay has been, not a blast, but truly wonderful. The inner peace I’ve been enjoying the whole time was so overwhelming. All of us retreatants took the silence so seriously that I’m sure, all of us has been productive and successful with our prayer times.
Anyway, I will not bore you with all the details of my retreat experience. You've probably had enough with my previous posts. But I just have to share how I realize that God blessed me with so much. Sure we hear people often speak of the same thing. But perhaps, for the first time in my life, I truly mean and understand and I truly am convinced of this truth. Most of my friends know the horrors I’ve been through. And I thought I knew and controlled everything that happened in my life. During problems, I harden up. I often complain. And I’d go on living as if there wasn’t a God. I fail to realize that during these times, God is always with me, that I am seeing Him through the faces of the people who tirelessly love me...
I’m getting all squashy, I know. But when it comes to God, I’d probably bare my soul...
I don’t mean to make my blog a preaching site or anything. I can assure you that pretty much everything is still the same. I’m still the naughty, sometimes mean ol’ Rolls. What probably changed is the sincerity in my belief that there is a God. And that He is with us always.


1 Comments:
Naks. I know all of the people who joined the retreat were somehow changed. I'm glad you were part of it. And I am JOYOUS that you have been graced in desiring to go to the retreat and undergoing five days of silence. Just continue what you started in the retreat. I remember what Fr. Dan said during our 8 days: The retreat is like a seed. We need to water it, nourish it so that it could bear fruit. 'Yun lang. :) See you around, superstar!
5:14 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home