... rolling along Life Avenue

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Mayabang o Tanga?

I was in Makati last night for Daksh’s job offer. I got their text message the night before at around 11:45pm. Pretty early eh? The message says I need to be in PB Com Tower at exactly 7pm and I should look for Jhet.

So ok, I went. I was early. Actually, I wasn’t really too keen about accepting the job since I already have an offer from Sykes, and I’m still waiting for IBM and CORD to call me up. ‘Cause as much as possible, I really want to build on an HR career and those two companies, most especially CORD, would provide me the perfect training ground.

So anyway, after I received my job offer, I decided I had to turn it down. As much as I wanted to keep all my options open, Jhet specifically told us that contract signing for Daksh is a now or never thing. I wasn't the least bit tempted to sign although they actually pay higher than Sykes. I just feel like the work I’m gonna be doing in Sykes would be less stressful than what I’d be doing for Daksh. ‘Cause although they are both call centers, I’d be doing mostly computer work for Sykes. That is obviously a lot less stressful than dealing with irate customers, is it not? Plus, it's not really a permanent thing for me. A year and a half at the most?

So anyway, there. I was the first one to leave the room. Mixed feeling. Feeling mayabang na I can afford to let go of this opportunity. At the same time, I felt like I really didn't want to let go of the opportunity just like that. But I had to. Daksh is also an IBM company so contracts are really important for them. Hehe. I don't wanna face a lawsuit before I actually start working.

Haay… I hope CORD calls up before May 30. ‘Cause the moment they assure me I get the Program Officer post, I’m dropping Sykes albeit their better compensation package. I’m thinking long term.

But then again, necessity precedes idealism. Kaya haaay….

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok lang na tnurn down mo yun. kung di mo makakayanan yung contract, baka mapahamak ka pa in the long run.

CORD? is that ateneo CORD? gusto ko rin sana dun dati pero never silang nagka-opening.

8:56 PM

 
Blogger Rolls said...

yep.ateneo cord ate joyce.dun nga din ako nag-practicum kasi.kaso sa research dept. ako.the opening now is for training dept. sana talaga tumawag sila. :)

3:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)