What If I Just Remain a Bum?
I was almost late for my test for China Bank. Actually I was late. Only that the proctor was kinda late too, so the test has not started on time and I arrived just before she was done roll-calling.
I was late ‘cause I woke up late. Blue Roast was done around 12:30, and my blockmates and me went to Eastwood after. Pretty much all establishments were closing by then. We ended up staying in Blue Onion until about 2:30 (they were supposed to close by 2). So there, since gumimik pa kasi, I arrived home around 3 am, in spite of knowing I have to be up early. I set my alarm at 5:50, so I have about two and a half hours of sleep. My alarm did go off, but I ended up waking around 6:30 anyway. After swearing some profanities before taking a quick shower, I was able to ready myself by 7:15.
I foresaw the traffic going to Cubao so I took the LRT going to Araneta Center, and from there I planned to take the MRT to Ayala Station. And this is where I had my first encounter with the real world. The world of the employed. The real life of the busy Metro.
I mean of course, I’ve been used to going to Makati and taking the MRT going there especially when we had shows in RCBC. I’ve already took other tests and career talks in Makati but always, I’ve been scheduled around lunch time or after.
So this is basically my first time to be scheduled so early in the morning. I thought 45 minutes is enough for me to arrive on time for my appointment. Heck! I didn’t wanna make a bad impression.
But when I arrived at the Araneta Station, man! Lines after lines of people were waiting to get inside. I patiently lined up and waited with them since I have no choice. Taking the MRT is by far faster than taking a cab. I’d rather be here than be stuck in the traffic and be hounded for days by the astronomical cost of the ride. As it is, I’m already awfully broke.
When I finally got in… Surprise! There were clumps of people waiting for the next train to come. These little clumps were strategically located to where the doors of the boxcars are going to be when the train stops. Before the train comes, they seem like OK people, seemingly patient and somehow, they just appear to be bored. But when a train does eventually stops, man! They turn into vicious animals, pushing here and there just to be able to insert themselves in the already cramped boxcars. I have to endure about 5 times of this tussle before I finally managed to squeeze myself in, and by then it was already nearing 8.
Consequently, I arrived in Ayala in one piece. I was almost late for the test. Actually I was late. Only that… Heck! You know the story.
I did ok with the test. We did a battery of IQ tests. They were all easy enough, it’s a wonder why a lot of my co-test-takers still weren’t able to make it. So there, those who passed (that includes me!), are qualified to be employed, but of course, grades in College are still to be considered. If only I didn’t flunk that darned Calculus back in soph year, I’m probably gonna be a shoo-in. And there’s the interview on Monday. They only conduct one interview I think. So I’m calling all my friends with employment experiences to help me out here. Please, please, please. Any tips on what questions I should prepare for? My first and second choices for a position were Marketing Assistant and Sales Representative. I’m supposed to be applying for HR since I’m a Psych major, but as of the moment, there’s no opening yet for such position. I only have a vague idea of what a Marketing Assistant or Sales Representative does. Any ideas? Help please!


3 Comments:
hello!:) welcome to the real world! good luck sa future endeavors mo and I hope that you would be succesful some day. I really admire your strength and your will to survive despite the setbacks. (alam mo na...). basta, keep up the good work!:) wala na akong maidadagdag pa.
6:40 PM
rolls! welcome to the real world.
grabe, pag sumakay ka talaga ng MRT sa rush hour (8-930 am), kahit ang ayos-ayos mo, pagbaba mo ang panget mo na!
parang di ka naligo sa init at sa sobrang jamfacked na tao. hihi.
good luck sa jobhunting.
--revicon
10:17 AM
rolls! welcome to the real world.
grabe, pag sumakay ka talaga ng MRT sa rush hour (8-930 am), kahit ang ayos-ayos mo, pagbaba mo ang panget mo na!
parang di ka naligo sa init at sa sobrang jamfacked na tao. hihi.
good luck sa jobhunting.
--revicon
10:17 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home